Wednesday, February 27, 2013

May Solo Show WIP - Nebulous

It's begun! I've started a painting based on one of the sketches I posted a few weeks back.  It's a 26 X 30"Acrylic on wood panel.  I don't normally work this large but there's so much going on in this drawing I thought I'd give it some wiggle room.  Now these WIP shots are showing some REALLY early stages of the painting but hopefully you still get the idea. More to come 


Here's a shot on the painting on it's flattened out easel on my work table.  Thought it'd be a good way to give a sense of scale and also to show what a messy workerbee I am :)



This is just a close up of the image so far.  Forgive the awkward perspective (it's like Star Wars scrolling type angle :P)

This is the original sketch from here

So as you can see - it's got a loooooooooooong way to go but I'm excited to be sinking my teeth in to these pieces and to finally really get rolling on this May show! 

No comments: